Through Lehigh University’s Comparative and International Education Program, Mrs. Dougherty-Wade will be travelling to Cambodia from November 2nd to November 13th. While there, she will be visiting the Aranh Cuthbert Jr. High School which associated with an organization called Caring for Cambodia. During her trip, this blog will create a communication link between Mrs. Dougherty-Wade and her students at North Schuylkill Jr/Sr High School. At any time, feel free to ask questions or comment on her blog posts.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Some thoughs on food!



So,  many of you asked questions about the food here in Cambodia.  Since Seam Reap is a tourist destination because of the temples, there are a lot of western options. I have eaten spagetti, pizza, a hamburger, and fries.  There are a lot of traditional options as well.  For instance, I have eaten a few types of spring rolls, rice dishes, stir fries, local fruits, and snacks. I did not have any eel, snack, or frog, but those are traditional dishes that some of my friends had.

 Included is a picture of some local fruit. The red prickly-looking fruit is one of my favorites and is known as Arambutan.      The other picture was a crazy coincidence. Yesterday, I wore my "Hershey's" t-shirt.  At dinner, there was a picture of choclate pancakes with a Hershey's bottle in the menu.  I felt that I had to get the chocolate pancakes, and they were delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment